segunda-feira, 26 de abril de 2010

The art of travel is to deviate from the current plan

Mastering the art of travel is not accomplished with practice or talent. No school will give you a bachelors degree in not getting shot while backpacking through eastern Africa. Or in avoiding Montezuma's revenge on your trek through Mexico. It's a way of life. Unknown to the majority, it's almost impossible to convey to your friends back home over the course of a single conversation. It's more of a feeling, it's the excitement I experience the night before a trip. The high that comes with booking a one-way train ticket to a place I've never heard of. It's the little things that so often go unnoticed. I used to think back to my wedding day and I wonder, how did I get here? Why me? And then I remember all that I've seen and done, the friends I've made, the countries I've called home, and all the bugs I've eaten by accident.

1 comentário:

  1. Este filme realmente entra e entranhasse em todas as pessoas que como tu e eu têm este bichinho das viagens, do exotico, do distante...

    E talvez nos que não tenham possa nascer esse bichinho, por isso recomendo a todos! Vejam o filme - The arte of travel.

    Obrigado miuda pela partilha.

    Bj

    ResponderEliminar